Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Post and the Lavender Festival

Lately, I have been reading several fabulous blogs about fitness and healthy eating and decided, why not start my own? My blog will include fitness and healthy eating, since they are an important part of my life. I will also use it to document all of the wonderful events that I attend here in Albuquerque as well as my adventures in knitting, OT school, amateur gardening, and anything else that I decide to try my hand at.
Today seemed like a good day to start my blog since we went to the annual Lavender Festival and I took some nice photos. We started out at Los Poblanos Inn and Cultural Center. We didn't get to see the Inn, but the grounds were beautiful. They had beautiful fields of lavender, and I just couldn't resist taking a few pics.


We walked around for a bit and I bought some lavender and honey goat cheese made by local farmers. I am eating some now as I write this post and it is delicious!

Next, we went down the street to Casa Rodena Winery, which was also participating in the festival.

The grounds were beautiful! We wandered up a grape vine lined driveway to several Mediterranean style buildings, one of which was open to the public. We wandered in, got some sangria and found a shady spot in the grass to sit and listen to the live bluegrass band. It was pure heaven!

Here is the driveway:

I had to be a dork and stop and take a picture with some of the grapes, they were just so pretty!
Here are some of the buildings:

Here is a pic of my hubby enjoying some sangria:

It was a wonderful day, and to top it off the newest episode of True Blood is on tonight! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment